Monday, August 24, 2009

Finally...


I finally got back into the ocean after no surf for way too long. Pemberton is definitely not close to the surf so it has been tough to get any time in the water this summer. Especially with three weddings in August. I just spent the weekend down at the beach with the Washington crew. I got to see some good friends I haven't seen in a while and surf a wave down there I've never paddled out to before. I've checked this spot multiple times over the years but it was never really working. If you've spent any time surfing around Washington you'll recognize the place. This is about as friendly as it gets out there. While we were out there the fog rolled in and made it pretty near impossible to line up with anything. A little spooky, but at this size it was mellow. A little bigger and it would have been less than mellow. I've heard many stories about this wave punishing people. The view from above was surreal. You could barely see the shore directly below the lookout through the fog. The surf-able wave was hidden from view. A sea of fog hiding the sea.

No comments: